Sientra Announces FULL CIRCLE Grant Recipients
Eight Breast Cancer Nonprofits across the U.S. Selected to Receive Funding
Santa Barbara, CA – October 23, 2018 /PRNewswire – Sientra, Inc. (NASDAQ:SIEN), a medical aesthetics company, today announced the recipients of its inaugural Sientra FULL CIRCLE™ grant program. This month proceeds from a portion of each breast tissue expander sold for 2018 will be dispersed among eight U.S.-based, nonprofit breast cancer organizations with missions to support breast cancer aid, research, patient outreach, advocacy, and/or prevention.
Sientra FULL CIRCLE is a first-of its-kind charitable program to support nonprofits in the breast cancer community who are committed to making a meaningful difference. Sientra donates $25 from every OPUS™ breast tissue expander sold to create the FULL CIRCLE fund.
The Sientra FULL CIRCLE Steering Committee, comprised of an independent team of board-certified plastic surgeons, reviewed more than 25 grant applications. The following eight recipients were selected based on their commitment to building a brighter future for the breast cancer community, demonstrated by their existing programs and initiatives.
- Adelphi NY Statewide Breast Cancer Hotline & Support Program: Funds provide information for individuals diagnosed with breast cancer, their families, and practitioners through breast cancer forums.
- Breast Cancer Angels: Funds help cover non-medical living expenses for individuals undergoing breast cancer treatments.
- Breast Cancer Assistance Group of Monterey County: Funds will help cover non-medical living expenses for breast cancer patients undergoing breast reconstruction.
- Breast Cancer Resource Center of Santa Barbara: Funds will help cover costs of support services, such as patient navigation and peer counseling services.
- Breast Care for Washington: Funds will help cover the cost of 3-D mammography for uninsured women.
- Jill’s Wish Foundation: Funds will help cover non-medical living expenses for patients with newly-diagnosed or terminal breast cancer.
- Sharsheret: Funds will provide peer support, patient navigation, and cancer prevention genetics information.
- Integrated Breast Center at St. John’s: Funds will increase awareness of their new cancer center and support new programs for breast cancer patients.
“As a plastic surgeon who treats breast reconstruction patients, Sientra’s generous investment will allow us to better support our patients and their families, with the care and resources they need during treatment and recovery,” said Dr. Lynn Jeffers, Medical Director of St. John’s Breast Center. “We are honored to be recognized and selected for our work and will use this funding to serve our patients and community.”
Sientra is the first and only medical aesthetics company to support an annual philanthropic program providing grants to nonprofit organizations focused on breast cancer issues. This marks the first year of this annual initiative. More information about the recipients can be found at sientra.com/fullcircle/recipients, and information on the FULL CIRCLE is available at sientra.com/fullcircle/about.
Headquartered in Santa Barbara, California, Sientra is a medical aesthetics company committed to making a difference in patients' lives by enhancing their body image, growing their self-esteem and restoring their confidence. The Company was founded to provide greater choice to board-certified plastic surgeons and patients in need of medical aesthetics products. The Company has developed a broad portfolio of products with technologically differentiated characteristics, supported by independent laboratory testing and strong clinical trial outcomes. The Company sells its OPUS™ breast implants and breast tissue expanders exclusively to board-certified and board-admissible plastic surgeons and tailors its customer service offerings to their specific needs. The Company also offers a range of other aesthetic and specialty products including BIOCORNEUM®, the professional choice in scar management, and miraDry®, the only FDA cleared device to reduce underarm sweat, odor and permanently reduce hair of all colors.